Whos keeping an eye on me....

Sunday 29 March 2020

Hailstone and Sunshine

So, Saturday evening..... no pubs remember.
Liz and myself choose a film to endure, I mean watch! I decided to keep off the Ale this evening and have a wee tipple instead.

A Royal Brackla 16 year old was the chosen one.
Smooooth and mellow. No sharpness at all, sounds like I know what I am talking about, but any how what a lovely dram to chill out to a movie with.



Today is the day when the clocks leap (Lept) forward, less sleep for a night but in return longer days as the Spring gets into full flow.

I managed to make that Soup....... Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato, before going for our exercise (not allowed to call it a walk during these troubled times..... exercise is allowed). Exercised from home to the Anson Museum and back via the local recycling centre, it took over an hour and we were blessed by some lovely sunshine and...... hailstone. I knew these weekends were going to get weird.

Back home to a rather tasty lunch ........ no need to blend it when you like it chunky, found a little garnish too.


Afternoon was spent Drinking the ale that I didn't drink last night and of course I also succumbed to getting on my hands and knees and starting the weeding in the garden. A kind of bitter sweet afternoon.

 
 
and the partial gardening that's been done .....
 
 
anyway the garden birding has been a little slow, a few Robins followed the spade as I turned the soil..... looking for worms. Greenfinch in good numbers as always and the Coal Tits, Blue Tits and Great Tits nip in and steal the seeds before a mob of Starlings congregate. I can here a few Curlews way off on the moors and a rarity around here flew across the sky this afternoon, I wonder where from and where to.
 
 
 
Back to work tomorrow, stay safe, keep well. 
 
 
 

No comments: