Whos keeping an eye on me....

Monday 8 October 2012

Red Kite: Garden Life Bird No 71

A warm autumn morning and a few hours to kill before I go to work..... sat on the patio with a cuppa (..... Tea), binoculars to hand and a field guide to the birds of South Africa, studying for next years trip!
 
I tend to always watch the sky when in and around the garden, just looking for what may or may not be about. I thought at first it was a distant Buzzard, always welcome above my house and always gives me that feel good factor... however I squinted a little more and grabbed the bins and blow me we have a RED KITE!  I just had enough time to grab this shot before it drifted out of sight
This is certainly a garden mega around these parts so very very happy indeed. And as the title suggests it is a new garden life bird and it comes in at species No. 71

Happy Days.
 
 

2 comments:

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Very cool looking Red Kite!!!

Adam Jones said...

Great stuff Dave. I've dreamt of one drifting over my own garden or Old Hall Farm.