Whos keeping an eye on me....

Monday 26 January 2015

At last.......

got a bogey lifer today.

Eurasian Bittern at Budworth Mere. Brief sighting as it walked within the reeds. I thought I had an image or two of a reed bed with a "spot it if you can" Bittern.

 
Bittern....... yeah right
 


Anyway in there was a Bittern! "honest Guv"
 
life bird 1231, UK bird 246
 
at least this Jay kind of made things a little easier for me
 
 
and finally this Cormorant didn't need to eat again for a while after downing this......
 
 
now what's for dessert?
 

 

3 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Well Done Dave.

Stewart M said...

Nice bird - I saw them on about half a dozen occasions at Leighton Moss - but I always missed the Bearded Tits! Thats the way it goes I suppose!


Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Karl said...

Great blog I enjoyed readding