Whos keeping an eye on me....

Saturday 28 March 2020

Coronavirus - since the pubs shut.

Challenging times, affecting just about everyone world wide at the moment. I haven't blogged for quite a while so as we all have a little more time on our hands I thought it would be good to blog again.

It's a week since the pastime of going to the pub (particularly when you're bored or just need to speak to someone) was stopped by the UK government. So the initial shock has worn off, the garage stockpile of beer is good to last a week or so, Whiskey is never in doubt even if I may have to open a few favs that I was keeping for special occasions or just for rainy days...... oh and my Whisky-me pouches still arrive every month with a rare dram or two that should keep the suspense going for a while. A little promotion for the team here.....https://www.whisky-me.com/

I am lucky for the time being as I am still working Monday to Friday, so boredom has only set in from about 5pm Monday to Friday and weekends. So as an example a few nights ago I just happened to sit on the couch with Liz and got talking..... was very surprised to hear that she was made redundant from Woolworths sometime ago. Funny what you can learn eh.

I have mowed the lawns twice this week already, I haven't succumbed to getting on my hands and knees yet to start the weeding. This morning I watched back to back episodes of Yianni Supercar Customisers..... I don't even like cars. I have a feeling the weekends are going to get weird.

Anyway I have filled up the garden bird feeders, Watched a Blue Tit prospecting one of the nest boxes, listened to a Wren singing outside the conservatory and even had a fox pass through the garden in daylight.

We gain an hours evening light tomorrow so Garden birdwatching will be back on the agenda after a few years of neglect.

Tomorrow I make Soup...... roasted Red Pepper and Tomato.

Just for pictures sake here is a Mealy Redpoll from the garden a few years ago (nine years to be precise)...... it is a picture blog after all



 

No comments: